Create Your Own Popcorn Bar
A great way to let your guests add the things they love to their popcorn. Great for game day get-togethers!
- Freshly popped popcorn to suit the size of your munching bunch
- Popcorn salt and pepper
- Assorted herbs & spices
- Nuts (pine nuts, peanuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
- Cheese crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.)
- Grated cheese
- Chocolate chips
- Cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg
- Stovetop Popping: To pop popcorn on a stovetop, cover the bottom of a 3- to 4-quart pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil (don’t use butter, it will burn). Place 3 kernels of popcorn in the pan, cover with a loose lid that allows steam to escape, and heat. When the kernels pop, pour in enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the pan, one kernel deep, cover the pan and shake to evenly spread the oil. When the popping begins to slow to a few seconds apart, remove the pan from the stovetop. The heated oil will still pop the remaining kernels.
- Assembly: Set out a large bowl of popcorn. Put smaller bowls with various popcorn fixings around the big bowl of popcorn. Let each person fill a paper bag or other container with popcorn and top or mix with their desired flavorings.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: The Popcorn Board