Steaming Corn Husk Tamales
- Arrange the tamales in a steamer, open ends facing up. Place some of the unused corn husks (and/or a wrung-out wet tea towel) over the tamales to help absorb steam.
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the steamer to a depth of at least 1 inch.
- Cover tightly and bring quickly to a full boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low to maintain gentle bubbling.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until husks pull away from filling. Replenish boiling water as needed.
- Let the tamales stand FOR 10 minutes before serving.