Chocolate-Dipped Irish Cream Macaroons
Pumpkin pie spice adds holiday flavor to easy coconut macaroons. A shot of Irish cream liqueur and a dip in melted bittersweet chocolate make these cookies special enough for a holiday dessert tray.
Variation: Prepare as directed, using Kahlua or rum in place of the Irish cream liqueur.
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut (about 4 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur or McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk, liqueur and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks; cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cooled cookie in melted chocolate
- Let stand on wax paper-lined tray until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Yield: 32 (1 cookie) servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Bake: 10 to 12 min
per serving Calories: 135 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Cholesterol: 3 mg Sodium: 50 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: