Coconut Cream Macaroons
- 3 (7 ounce) packages flaked coconut (7 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt *
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup canned
cream of coconut
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 (6 once) package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup), if desired
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil or cooking parchment
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the coconut over aluminum foil.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring
occasionally, or until golden brown; cool. Reserve aluminum foil for baking cookies.
- Mix toasted coconut, remaining coconut, the flour and salt in large bowl.
- Beat milk, cream of coconut, vanilla extract, almond extract and egg in medium
bowl until well mixed. Pour over coconut mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonsful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown (cookies will be soft in center
and set at edges).
- Immediately slide aluminum foil with cookies from cookie sheet
to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Heat chocolate chips and oil in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly,
until chips are melted.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes or until
chocolate is set
* If using self-rising flour, omit salt.