Coconut Pecan Macaroons
- 2 egg whites
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup granulated
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- On high speed of mixer, beat egg whites with salt and vanilla extract until soft peaks
- Gradually beat in sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in
coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheets.
in a 325 degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or until light golden.
Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.