- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 (4-ounce) package shredded coconut (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and almond extract; beat well.
- Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well. Add oats and coconut; mix
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes