Pineapple Macaroons 2
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cups
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Almond slices (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the pineapple and its juices over medium heat
until liquid evaporates, about 17 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking
and stirring until the pineapple becomes thick and begins to caramelize, about 15
minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 335 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut, sugar, egg whites, vanilla extract and
- Add pineapple mixture to coconut mixture and mix together.
- Pinch together 2 teaspoons of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper
(or buttered aluminum foil), spacing the cookies two inches apart.
- If using almond
slices, gently push an almond slice in center of each cookie.
- Bake one batch at
a time (to ensure even baking) for 15 to 18 minutes, until cookies are golden brown.
- Gently remove from the baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies
Batter can be made ahead and refrigerated for 3 days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes