Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate mini chips
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt at high speed of mixer until soft peaks
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift cocoa over egg white mixture and fold in.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by level tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter, reusing parchment paper.
- Store in airtight container.
Yield: 4 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.