Chocolate Fudge Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate,
- In medium-size bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt;
beat to soft peaks.
- Beat in sugar gradually, beating until mixture forms stiff,
- Fold in cocoa; fold in chopped chocolate.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons
onto parchment or foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until cookies
feel crisp when touched, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
Makes 24 cookies.
Per serving: 43 calories; 0.5 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 11 percent calories
from fat); 9.1 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 29 mg sodium; 0.8 g protein
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.