Chocolate Nut Clouds
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips mini
or mint chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Grease baking sheets.
- In a large mixer bowl at high speed, beat egg whites, vanilla extract, cream
of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and, if desired, a
few drops of food color and beat until very stiff and glossy and sugar is almost
- By hand, fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoonsful
about 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and
dry to the touch.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Carefully transfer
cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.