Lemon Meringue Cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
finely grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and
- Beat egg whites and salt in small bowl at high electric-mixer speed until frothy.
- With mixer still at high speed, add sugar gradually and continue beating until meringue
peaks stiffly (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in vanilla extract, then by hand fold in lemon
- Drop meringue from rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches
- Set in oven, immediately turn oven off, and let cookies remain in the oven
for 2 hours (you can leave them in overnight).
- Peel meringue off parchment and store in airtight container.
Makes about two dozen cookies.
A cookie contains 23 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g cholesterol and 17 mg sodium
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.