- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups M&M's Mini Baking Bits
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Slowly beat in sugar until stiff, shiny peaks form. Fold in M&M bits.
- Spoon 12 (2- to 2 1/2 inch wide) mounds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Garnish with M&M's bits, if desired, dotting tops.
- Bake for 2 hours, until dry and crisp.
- Turn off oven; let cool in oven, 2 hours.
Makes 12 meringues; one meringue per serving.
Per serving: 171 calories, 2 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber,
4 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium