This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Bon Bons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Food coloring of choice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bon Bons: Mix flour, butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Cut almond paste into 1/2-inch slices. Cut each slice into fourths. Shape a 1-inch
ball of dough around each piece of almond paste; roll to form a ball. Place about
1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Dip tops of cookies into the almond glaze.
- Place in tiny paper cups.
- Almond Glaze: Mix all ingredients until smooth consistency.