Almond Lace Baskets
These cookie baskets are designed for filling with ice cream, etc. Makes a beautiful
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/4 pound brown sugar
- 4 ounces light corn syrup
cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground sliced blanched almonds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, simmer the butter, brown sugar and corn
syrup. Combine flour and ground almonds, then add to the simmering ingredients and
mix well over low heat for about 1 minute.
- With a 1- to 1 1/2-ounce ice cream scoop, place several dollops of batter on
a nonstick cookie sheet or wax paper-lined baking pan, spreading each dollop about
3 inches apart.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until reddish brown in color. Remove from the oven and
allow to cool until comfortable to the touch but still pliable.
- While cookies are cooling, place round soup cups or coffee cups upside down on
- When cookies are cool enough to handle, lay them over the cups to form an inverted
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.