Almond Lace Baskets
These cookie baskets are designed for filling with ice cream, etc. Makes a beautiful
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/4 pound brown sugar
- 4 ounces light corn syrup
cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground sliced blanched almonds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, simmer the butter, brown sugar and corn
syrup. Combine flour and ground almonds, then add to the simmering ingredients and
mix well over low heat for about 1 minute.
- With a 1- to 1 1/2-ounce ice cream scoop, place several dollops of batter on
a nonstick cookie sheet or wax paper-lined baking pan, spreading each dollop about
3 inches apart.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until reddish brown in color. Remove from the oven and
allow to cool until comfortable to the touch but still pliable.
- While cookies are cooling, place round soup cups or coffee cups upside down on
- When cookies are cool enough to handle, lay them over the cups to form an inverted
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.