Almond Raspberry Jelly Delights
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons shortening (a little butter can also be used)
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Knead all ingredients together. Roll dough out to about 1/8-inch thick between wax paper. Cut out cookies with a small round cookie cutter or shot glass.
on greased cookie sheet and bake until light, about 10 minutes.
- When cookies are cool, place raspberry jelly between cookies to make cookie sandwiches, then roll in granulated sugar.
These cookies store well and may be frozen.