Amaretti (Italian Almond Macaroons)
- 1/2 pound blanched almonds
- 4 drops bitter almond oil
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Finely grind blanched almonds, in batches, using a hand grinder, blender or food
- Combine almonds with almond oil, sugar and lightly beaten egg whites. Knead mixture
into a firm dough.
- With moistened hands, form dough into 1-inch diameter balls (about 45 balls).
Place balls at least 1 inch apart on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment,
using a second baking sheet if needed.
- Place baking sheet on bottom rack of oven
and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Transfer baked cookies to a wire rack.
- Using a fine sieve, dust cookies with
confectioners' sugar while warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.