Amaretto Butter Balls
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt until well blended, then mix in the amaretto liqueur. Fold in chopped almonds if desired. Roll the dough into walnut-size balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool ompletely.
- Roll cookies in remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar while still warm.