This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Amaretto Butter Balls
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3/4 cup finely chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt until well blended, then mix in the amaretto
liqueur. Fold in chopped almonds if desired. Roll the dough into walnut-size balls.
Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire
rack to cool completely.
- Roll cookies in remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar while still warm.