The licorice-like bite of anise cookies is addicting, so you might want to double this recipe!
- 2/3 cup Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Anise Seed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and anise seeds.
- In another bowl, cream the butter. Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract and blend well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Form dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each), and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
Total: 39 min | Hands-on: 15 min | Yield: 12 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: