Apple Pie Cookies
Apple Pie Cookies! These "mini pies" are as delicious as they are adorable.
- 1 package of two pre-made pie crusts
- About 1/2 can apple pie filling (about one cup; may use homemade filling)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment
- Spoon the apple pie filling onto the center of a large cutting board and use
a knife to coarsely chop the filling, so that the apple pieces are about
1/2-inch in size.
- Roll out one of the crusts on the counter or a large cutting board. Dot the
crust with heaping teaspoonsful of the filling, spaced a couple inches apart.
You should be able to fit about 10 cookies onto the pie crust.
- Use your fingers or a pastry brush to moisten the spaces between the filling
with water. This will help the second layer of dough stick.
- Gently place the second pie crust over the one dotted with filling. Press
down between the dots of filling, starting in the middle and working outward, to
- Use a cookie or biscuit cutter, around 2-3 inches in size, to cut out the
mini pies. Don’t worry if they don’t align exactly — you’ll be able to make
small adjustments and trims in the next step.
- Use the tines of a fork to firmly seal up the edges of the mini pies. Trim
and even the edges, if necessary.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the top sof the pies with this
mixture, then sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using.
- Cut a small x or other small design into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets, spacing an inch or two apart. Bake until
golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool slightly or completely before serving warm or at room temperature.