Apple Pie Cookies
Apple Pie Cookies! These "mini pies" are as delicious as they are adorable.
- 1 package of two pre-made pie crusts
- About 1/2 can apple pie filling (about one cup; may use homemade filling)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment
- Spoon the apple pie filling onto the center of a large cutting board and use
a knife to coarsely chop the filling, so that the apple pieces are about
1/2-inch in size.
- Roll out one of the crusts on the counter or a large cutting board. Dot the
crust with heaping teaspoonsful of the filling, spaced a couple inches apart.
You should be able to fit about 10 cookies onto the pie crust.
- Use your fingers or a pastry brush to moisten the spaces between the filling
with water. This will help the second layer of dough stick.
- Gently place the second pie crust over the one dotted with filling. Press
down between the dots of filling, starting in the middle and working outward, to
- Use a cookie or biscuit cutter, around 2-3 inches in size, to cut out the
mini pies. Don’t worry if they don’t align exactly — you’ll be able to make
small adjustments and trims in the next step.
- Use the tines of a fork to firmly seal up the edges of the mini pies. Trim
and even the edges, if necessary.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the top sof the pies with this
mixture, then sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using.
- Cut a small x or other small design into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets, spacing an inch or two apart. Bake until
golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool slightly or completely before serving warm or at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.