Apricot Sour Cream Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Combine egg yolk with sour cream; blend into flour mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions, (Keep each portion chilled until ready to
- On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 10-inch circle. Spread
the preserves on top of each circle and sprinkle the nuts on top of the preserves.
- With a fluted pastry wheel (or a regular knife), cut each circle into 12 wedges
(like a pizza). Beginning at the wide end of each wedge, roll toward the point.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 to 15 minutes
or until lightly browned.
- Remove to cooling rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.