Bake Shop Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup light
brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup
unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats (not instant oats)
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes,
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugars. Add the butter and vanilla extract.
With an stand or hand mixer, beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Add eggs one at
a time and beat for 30 seconds after each addition. Stir in flour mixture by hand
until combined. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Wrap dough and chill for 24-48 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease three large cookie sheets or use parchment
- Measure 1/4 cup dough for each cookie and roll into balls. Place 6 dough balls
on each cookie sheet, 2 1/2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake 17-19 minutes, only until tops
are lightly golden brown.
- Cool cookies 10 minutes before removing from sheet.
Baker's hint: For smaller cookies, use 2 tablespoons dough and bake
for 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition values per large cookie: 268 calories, 13g fat, 35 g carbohydrates,
2 g fiber, 4 g protein, 52 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium