This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add bananas, and beat until well mixed.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add a little of the banana mixture to the flour mixture, beating well. Continue
to gradually add all of the banana mixture, beating well after each addition. At
this point, you can bake the cookies or refrigerate the dough for later baking (the
dough will be sticky.
- To bake, place small balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. (Note: Lift the edge of
the cookies to be sure they don't get too brown on the bottom.)
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container to ensure that cookies do not dry out.