Black and White Mochachino Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy cream
Sugar Glaze Coating
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Sugar Cookies: In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, cocoa,
baking soda, cinnamon and salt until evenly blended. Lay a large piece of plastic
wrap on a baking sheet pan; spoon dough onto plastic. Cover with another piece of
plastic; press dough out with rolling pin until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap dough. With 2-inch scalloped or round cutter,
cut out sugar cookie shapes. Re-roll and re-cut to use all dough.
- Set cookies on sheet pans; bake 10 minutes until lightly puffed. Transfer cookies to cool, flat
surface. Cool completely.
- Filling: In medium bowl, stir together melted butter, confectioners' sugar,
coffee granules and 4 tablespoons heavy cream until smooth. Add up to one tablespoon
additional cream if needed to make spreadable filling. Spread half of the cookies
with coffee filling. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.
- Sugar Glaze Coating: In top of double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate and
vegetable oil. Stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into glaze; let excess
glaze drip off. Set on wire racks to cool.
Yield: 24 cookies
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/15/2001 8:31 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.