School is always in session when it comes time for this delectable cookie treat! Using our refrigerated chocolate chip bar dough, baking cocoa and assorted decorator gels and icing, this is one homework assignment your kids will not want to delay!
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough*
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared white frosting
- White decorator icing (for chalk)
* softened at room temperature for 30 minutes
* 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Tub Dough can be substituted for the bar dough.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Foil-line 13 x 9-inch baking pan, allowing foil to reach up sides of pan. Grease foil.
- Combine softened cookie dough and cocoa in large mixer bowl. This can be done with a mixer or with clean hands. Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Carefully lift from pan using foil to serving platter. Carefully remove foil; return to platter.
- For border, gently stir in 1 tablespoon white frosting into chocolate frosting (do not overmix- need to keep some light brown streaks for wood affect). Frost a 1-inch border around the top edges and sides. An additional tablespoon of white frosting can be added if more highlights are needed.
- Write your personalized back-to-school message on the cookie blackboard!
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 10 min | Yield:12 servings
By: NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestle and Very Best Baking