These are good served with vanilla ice cream and espresso coffee, if desired.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- 1/2 scant
cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- Combine flour, walnuts and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Quickly
stir in vanilla extract and chocolate, being careful not to cream the mixture. Press
mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.