Butter-Almond Dream Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Maraschino cherries
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and almond extract.
- Add sifted flour, mixing gently to blend thoroughly. Shape dough into balls using 1 level tablespoon of dough
for each. Press a cherry into tops of each ball, allowing cherry to show slightly. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, until delicately browned.