- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- Scant 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar for coating hands
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add salt. Gradually add flour,
blending it in to make a stiff, smooth dough. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Form dough into 8 balls; place balls far apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place
some sugar on a saucer. Press palm of hand into sugar, then use palm to flatten
each ball of dough to a 3-inch circle, 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
on baking sheet 5 minutes, then loosen with spatula and transfer to a wire rack
to cool completely.
Yield: 8 cookies
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.