- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- Scant 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar for coating hands
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add salt. Gradually add flour,
blending it in to make a stiff, smooth dough. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Form dough into 8 balls; place balls far apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place
some sugar on a saucer. Press palm of hand into sugar, then use palm to flatten
each ball of dough to a 3-inch circle, 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
on baking sheet 5 minutes, then loosen with spatula and transfer to a wire rack
to cool completely.
Yield: 8 cookies
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.