Watch these fly away!
- Several package ready-made wonton or egg roll wrappers
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 1 jar apricot jam
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat 2 or 3 inches of cooking oil to about 375 degrees F in a wide-top pan or
- With tongs pick up an individual wonton wrapper in the center and
squeeze, creating a butterfly or bow shape. Holding the center, plunge the wrapper
(still held in tongs) under the hot oil until it turns pale golden and crisps.
on paper towel and immediately place on rack to cool.
- To make the glaze, mix equal parts of marmalade and apricot jam in a wide-top
saucepan. Boil over medium heat until thickened. Using the forceps, quickly dip
cooled butterfly completely into glaze, drain over pot and put on rack to cool.
- When dipping these, move rapidly so the glaze is very thin and will dry.