- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together sugars and butter. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add to mix. Roll
into small balls, then roll in sugar. Do not flatten.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets
until golden brown, flat, and cracked on top, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from
oven as soon as tops are cracked.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.