California Dreamin' Cookies
Candy orange slices and white baking chips create a cookie begging to be tried.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 18 candy orange slices, each cut into thirds
- In large bowl, beat sugar, melted baking chips and butter with electric mixer
on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon.
- Beat in orange juice, vanilla and egg (mixture may appear curdled).
- Stir in flour, baking powder, orange peel and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until set (cookies will not brown).
- Immediately press orange slice piece into center of each cookie.
- Cool for 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Drizzle cooled cookies with melted white chocolate for a dressy touch.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes