Candy Apple Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 30 light caramel candies
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter; gradually add brown sugar and beat until
light. Add salt and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly blended. By hand,
gradually add flour, stirring until well-mixed.
- Divide dough into 32 pieces, roll
each piece between palms to form a ball. Place them about 2 inches apart on ungreased
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake cookies until lightly browned (12 to 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven; while
cookies are still hot, insert a wooden pick in the top of each. Cool on wire racks.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, combine caramels and evaporated
milk. Cook, stirring, until mixture is smooth.
- Place walnuts in a shallow bowl.
- Dip cooled cookies into warm caramel, letting excess drip off.
- Roll the cookies
in walnuts and set in miniature muffin papers.
Makes 32 cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes