- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond, black walnut or rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' or granulated sugar
- Red or green cherries (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs well; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until fluffy. Stir in nuts,
raisins or dates, coconut, and flavorings. Turn into shallow, greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and, while hot, stir well. Let cool thoroughly.
into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Flatten. Decorate with red
or green cherries, if desired.
Makes 3 dozen.