Chai Sugar Cookies
These cookies are rich with cardamom, cinnamon and ground cloves - spices found
in Chai, a spiced tea beverage. Serve with Lemon Grass Ginger Sorbet for a light
and refreshing dessert combination.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Chai Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Mix flour, Chai Spice Blend, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour
mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours or until dough
is firm and easy to handle.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in additional
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes 5 dozen or 30 (2 cookie) servings.
Test Kitchen Tip: If Chai Spice Blend is unavailable, prepare your own by mixing
2 teaspoons each McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cardamom, Saigon Cinnamon
and Ground Cloves with 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground White Pepper
until well blended. Decrease spice blend to 2 teaspoons in cookie recipe.
Recipe and photo credit:
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes