Cherry Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened (must be butter)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Halved maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter in large bowl. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg
and almond extract. Gradually blend in flour.
- Chill dough for 1/2 hour for ease
- Roll small spoonsful of dough into small balls and place on ungreased cookie
sheets. Place 1/2 cherry, cut side down, in middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
or just until bottoms are golden.
- Remove from oven, and place on racks to cool.