Cherry Rum Balls
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups fine vanilla wafer crumbs (about 80 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Red candied cherries, halved
- Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%)
1 minute; stir until chips are melted. Stir in rum and corn syrup.
- Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over crumb mixture, stirring until well blended. Shape
mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Place cherry half in
center of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- Store in an airtight container several days to develop flavor.
- Before serving,
roll balls in additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
About 4 dozen cookies.