Cherry Tea Cakes
Enjoy this delicious cookie using Gold Medal® all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 or 4 drops red food color
1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, almond extract and
food color with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- On low speed, beat
in flour and salt. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie
sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart resealable freezer plastic bag, place baking chips; seal bag. Microwave
on High 35 to 50 seconds, squeezing chips in bag every 15 seconds, until chips are
melted and smooth.
- Cut small tip from bottom corner of bag; drizzle melted chips
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Cookie) Calories 60 (Calories from Fat
35), Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium
45mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 0g
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker© 2011 ®/TM General Mills.