As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup chestnut puree or canned chestnuts drained and pureed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- In mixer bowl cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Add egg yolk and beat until light
- Beat in chestnut puree and vanilla extract.
- Stir together flour, salt
and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture.
- Using a scant tablespoon dough for each cookie, roll into 2 1/2 inch fingers.
Dip one side of each finger in egg white, then in sugar. Place sugar side up on
greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from sheet; cool on rack.
one end of each cookie in melted chocolate (about 1 inch).
- Place on wax paper until
Makes 30 cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes