Chocolate Cherry Blossoms
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries,
drained and chopped
- 48 milk chocolate candy drops or pieces (Chocolate stars
or Hershey's kisses)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, cherry liquid, almond
extract and food coloring, blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt; mix well.
Stir in cherries. If necessary for easier handling, cover dough with plastic wrap;
refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately top each cookie with a candy, then press down firmly. Remove from cookie
Yields approximately 4 dozen cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes