Chocolate Chip Pecan Balls
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter,
cut up, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet-chocolate mini-chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In food processor, with knife blade attached, pulse pecans and 1/4 cup sugar
until pecans are finely ground. Add butter and vanilla extract; pulse until butter
is incorporated. Add flour and salt, and pulse until evenly moistened.
dough to medium bowl; stir in chocolate chips. With floured hands, shape dough by
heaping teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large
- Bake cookies for 20 to 22 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Place remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar in medium bowl.
- While still warm,
gently roll cookies, one at a time, in sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on wire rack
to cool completely.
- When cool, gently roll cookies in sugar again.
- Repeat with remaining
dough and sugar.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container up to 3 weeks.
Yield: About 4 dozen cookies
Each cookie: About 85 calories, 1 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 6 g total
fat (3 g saturated), 0 g fiber, 11 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.