Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 20 to 25 maraschino cherries, well-drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla extract and chocolate. Blend in flour and salt. If
too dry to handle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Wrap level tablespoon of dough around each cherry.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased
baking sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Dip tops in icing. Add coconut, chopped nuts or pecan halves on top, if