Chocolate-Dipped Almond Horns
- 1 can Solo Almond Paste
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
cup sliced almonds
- 5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break almond paste into small pieces and place in medium-size bowl or container
of food processor. Add egg whites, sugar, and almond extract, and beat with electric
mixer or process until mixture is very smooth. Add flour and beat or process until
- Spoon almond mixture into pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch (#8) plain tip. Pipe
mixture into 5-inch or 6-inch crescents on prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches
apart. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool on baking sheets on wire
racks 2 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on racks.
- Dip ends
of cookies in melted chocolate and place on sheet of aluminum foil. Let stand until
chocolate is set.
Yield: about 16 cookies