Chocolate Kahlua Truffle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 to 2
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 (6 ounce) white baking bar, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the chocolate wafer crumbs, chopped nuts,
powdered sugar and Kahlua or other liqueur. Add enough of the water so crumbs hold
together. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In a small, heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate and shortening over low heat
- In another small, heavy saucepan heat white baking bar until melted.
- With a fork, dip half of the cookies into the semisweet chocolate mixture to
coat; place on cookie sheet. Dip remaining cookies in melted white baking bar to
coat; place on cookie sheet.
- With the tip of a spoon, thinly drizzle white baking bar mixture in a zigzag
pattern over cookies coated with semisweet chocolate. Repeat with semisweet chocolate,
drizzling over cookies coated with white baking bar mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
Store in refrigerator.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.