Chocolate Malted Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup
milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate
syrup and vanilla extract. Beat 2 minutes, then add the egg and beat for a second
or two, until mixed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing well between additions.
Stir in all chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Place 6 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet,
spacing them 3 inches apart. The cookies are large.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. DO NOT OVER-BAKE!
- Cool on cookie sheets for at least 2 minutes before removing.
- Cool on wire racks.