Chocolate Rum Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups baking cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light
and fluffy and beat in rum. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Stir in flour mixture and mix just until dough is blended well.
- Form scant
1/4-cup measures of dough into balls and arrange about 3 inches apart on nonstick
- Bake cookies in middle of oven until tops begin to crack, about 15
minutes, and transfer with a metal spatula to wire racks to cool.
Makes about 24 cookies.