- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add
vanilla extract and eggs and blend well. Add flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking
soda and salt, and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch
balls, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased
- Bake until set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie
sheets and let cool.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.