Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 3 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes
or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir 1 cup sugar into melted chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in egg
and vanilla extract until completely mixed. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place on ungreased cookie
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool
on wire racks.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes