Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. stir in vanilla
extract. Gradually add flour; mix well. Divide dough into sixths; cover and chill
dough 1 hour.
- Work with one portion of dough at a time, keeping remaining dough chilled. Shape
dough into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch sticks. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten three-quarters
of each cookie lengthwise with tines of a fork to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake at 350
degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in top of a double boiler; bring water
to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
Remove double boiler from heat, leaving chocolate mixture over hot water. Dip unflattened
tips of cookies in warm chocolate to coat both sides; roll tips in chopped pecans.
- Place cookies on wire racks until chocolate is firm.
- Arrange cookies between layers of wax paper in an airtight container; store in
a cool place.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes