Chocolate Turtle Cookies
Chocolate Turtle Cookies are a fanciful cookie packed full of pecans, caramel
and chocolate and will quickly become a favorite.
- 1 2/3 cups (about 100) shelled pecans
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough*
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak pecans in water for 5 minutes.
- Arrange 5 pecans on ungreased baking sheets
(1 for head, 4 for legs), leaving about a 1-inch circle in center.
- Shape slightly rounded tablespoons of cookie dough into balls; place over circle
- Repeat with remaining pecans and dough, placing turtles two inches
apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- Cool on baking sheets on wire
racks for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave caramels and milk in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power
for 1 1/2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring
until smooth. Drizzle over turtles.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Baking Time: 11 minutes
* Dough from one batch Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies (NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 6-ounce package recipe) may be used.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Molded and Shaped Cookie Recipes