Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 1/2 cups butter (5 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk (add more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cookies: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour,
baking soda, salt and spices. Stir in oats. Mix in chocolate chips. (At this point
you can refrigerate the dough for a few hours or overnight.)
- Shape dough into balls
and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Cool before icing.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Mix cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla extract and milk. Add
powdered sugar, adding more milk as needed for proper consistency.