- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, oil and cocoa; mix until
smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to set up.
- Roll the dough into very small balls, about 1/2 inch in diameter. Flatten with
the palm of your hand into a coin shape. Place onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet,
2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet
for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dip the cookies,
let set and store in an airtight container between wax paper for up to one month.
- Icing: Melt chocolate chips and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Stir in peppermint extract. Dip the cookies into the chocolate. Set on wax paper-lined
sheets and chill.
- Allow to set, about 30 minutes.
Makes 5 dozen cookies
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.